Bathed in sunshine what a lovely parkrun Aldenham was to start my homeward bound tour back to Luton, Wardown on the 24th June after last week completing my capital parkrun adventure!
Hosted at Aldenham Country Park it is great to see their message is to connect people in the ways of the land and food through educational and recreational activities, a noble goal!
Personal favourite for me was the 100 Aker Wood and the way they lovingly recreated the home of Winnie the Pooh, must admit the child came out in me and I did have to play Pooh sticks on Pooh bridge 🙂
Nice to have company today again in the shape of David Brown my club running buddy and well done sir on your new course PB of 27:45!
The course is made up of 2 flat clockwise laps of the parameter of Aldenham reservoir and the running surface is mainly comprising of a earth trail path that threads it’s way through the treelined banks of the reservoir, there is a long straight tarmac path section though alongside the reservoir wall that leads to Aldenham Sailing club!
Important points to note
- Need to keep an eye on the surface for a few exposed tree roots and uneven surfaces!
- Be interesting to see how the course handles in the winter or after a prolonged periods of rain!
- Final lap near the end you turn left at the marshalling position and bypass the dog leg section of the reservoir.
Just happy help out and encourage fellow park runner Catherine around the course, time 39:07
There is paid barrier parking available at Aldenham Country Park Sat Nav WD6 3BA there are a couple of things you need to be aware of though
- The main gate to the park does not open until 8am
- On the production of your parkrun barcode at their farm shop, you will be charged the discounted price of £2 for parking (normally £4.50) and given a coin token for the exit barrier!
There are toilets available before start of the run that is always a good thing and for the post run coffee enjoy the lovely Clock House cafe to pass the time away!
Park facilities included
- Visit the farm
- 100 Acke Wood
- Pony activities
- lakeside walks, nature trails
I would like to thank Jo and her team of volunteers for making us all feel right at home today, well done guys!
So finally Aldenham is the event to take your family with you and explore the recreational facilities this park has to offer, plus run the unique trail parkrun course around its reservoir!
Next week: Ellenbrook Fields (Final homeward bound parkrun)